If you took my advice last month and watched the second series of Undercover Billionaire, then you would not have failed to see Grant Cardone and hear about his 10X movement.
Now how do I describe Grant Cardone if you have not seen or heard him? Words such as entrepreneur, loud, obsessive, focused and ‘in your face’ come to mind. Probably a bit of a marmite person given the way he projects himself, but there is no doubting the movement he has created called 10X.
Grant is an author, sales trainer, real estate investor, TV personality and motivational speaker. If you have ever seen him on Youtube you are unlikely to forget him!
A couple of years ago he was named the #1 marketer to watch by Forbes Magazine. He apparently has a real estate portfolio of more than $1.9bn
His most successful book is called ‘The 10x Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure’ and this is the focus of the book review this month.
There are a number of key points throughout the book but the message behind everything is to take massive action in everything you do. Go all in and make your goals 10 times bigger and put in 10 times more effort in everything you do.
This has all created the 10X movement and there are other books, conferences including the annual 10X Growth Conference and other events that follow the movement.
Some of the key points are:
- Set 10X higher goals and put in 10X effort to reach such goals.
- Success is important, it is your duty and responsibility and there is no shortage of success.
- Continually expand and grow
- Assume control for everything — anything happens to you, good bad or nothing, is because of you.
- There are 4 degrees of action: do nothing; retreat; normal; massive.
- Average thoughts and actions will yield at most average results and usually much less than that.
- Seek to dominate, not compete.
- Obsession is a gift
- New problems, fear and criticisms are signs that you are making progress and heading in the right direction
- Focus on expanding and being omnipresent, i.e., be seen everywhere all the time
- The only way to increase time is to get more done in the time you have
The book takes you through each of these points in a clear, logical and concise manner with stories accompanying each element. I found it a really easy book to read and indeed read it within a few days. I’ve since purchased another one of his books which in typical low-key fashion is called ‘Be Obsessed or Ber Average!’
I found the book very uplifting, and it was difficult not to want to achieve more and put in even more effort into life and business after reading this book, and given this is the message, I would say it does what it says on the tin!
Hope you enjoy it.
If you are interested in finding out more about Grant, his website is https://grantcardone.com